Blogger Favorites Foundation Comparison: Round 1

Hey guys! Long time no see! I apologize for not making more of an effort to update this more, but I guess better late then never. I originlly had typed up the majority of this post quite a while ago, but have had some problems with my computer, so now I will actually really be able to give you my opinions on the foundations after thoroughly trying them all out. I will also discuss some other foundations that I have my eye on, and potentially do a round 2 with some newer foundations currently on the market.


Today I will be comparing 4 mid-range foundations that are currently popular in the blogger
and Youtube beauty world. These have all been claimed as favorites, so I wanted to see exactly what all of the fuss was about. All of these foundations can be found at Sephora (some are Sephora and Sephora online only) and others can be found elsewhere. These foundations range from $27-$62 and are a mix of sheer to high coverage. I wanted to cover all of my bases. I will be comparing Kat Von D's Lock-it Foundation, Makeup Forever's Face and Body Liquid Makeup Foundation, Koh Gen Do's Aqua Foundation, and Clinique's Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer. I will be talking about the basics, product claims, and wear (including coverage, longevity, and my overarching thoughts about the product). I will start out and say that I originally was using the MUFE face and Body foundation before I bought the others, which was my own go-to foundation. Hopefully, this opens my eyes to some more awesome foundations!

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer - $27
 This foundation claims to give moderate to full coverage with a natural-matte finish, and supposedly acts as a concealer as well as a foundation. This foundation can be found at Sephora and Ulta and now offers 21 shades. Unfortunately, I am the lightest shade, which is Linen. All of you pale ladies might struggle finding a matching shade. You get 1 FL. oz. of liquid and the applicator is a large doe foot, mimicking the appearance of a concealer.

This is the foundtion that I have worn the least, It is not my absolute favorite. It has great coverage, and the shade is aboslutely perfect for my skintone, but the consistency is just not my favorite. It does feel quite heavy on the skin. The longevity of this foundation is better then the Kat Von D foundation in the sense that it took much longer to start breaking up on my nose and t-zone, but in the end, it did still break up.

Kat Von D Lock-it Foundation - $35 The new packaging was made available today in Sephoras
 This foundation is said to be one of the best full coverage foundations on the market. It claims to have 24-hour wear while being transfer resistant and has a matte finish. She offers 19 shades. I am in the shade Light 45. You receive 1.02 FL. oz. of liquid in each bottle that features a pump applicator. This foundation line is cruelty free, with no parabens or synthetic fragrances. This line can only be found at Sephora or Sephora online.
 
 I really enjoyed the full coverage of this foundation, but found that it really broke up each time I tried to wear it around my nose and general t-zone area. The shade is aboslutely a perfect match, so I am still looking into some alternative primers to help the longevity of the foundation in my oily areas. Everywhere else, this foundation wore like a dream, but even after trying multiple different primers, the foundation still broke up around my nose. The smell of this foundation was a little strong, but really didnt bother me at all.

Makeup Forever Face and Body Liquid Makeup - $43
 Also formulated for use on the body, this foundation is a water based gel formula that gives a sheer to medium coverage and conceals imperfections for a flawless finish on the face or body. It comes in 16 shades, and can be found at Sephora. You receive 1.69 FL. oz. in each bottle, and also has a pump applicator. I am in the shade Alabaster Beige 32.

 This was the first foundation I literally have ever bought. I went to Sephora, got matched, and applied in store. I loved it and bought it. This is definitely a sheer, weightless foundation which I absolutely love, but the shade is a smidge too dark for me currently. Otherwise, the foundation has a nice sheer to medium build-able coverage. It definitely did the job, was extremely comfortable, adn really was fairly long wearing. This foundation did NOT break up on me at all.

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation SPF 15 - $62
 This foundation claims to be high definition and long wearing with an SPF of 15. It has a sheer luminous finish that diffuses appearance of pores and imperfections. This product is cruelty free, as well as paraben, sulfate, and phthalate free. The bottle contains 1.01 FL. oz. of liquid and is available a Sephora online, while offereing only 7 shades. Color matching was hard with this brand. I am in the shade OC-1, which they recently changed to 113.

I will definitely admit that this foundation has become my absolute favorite foundation that I currently own. It is so lightweight and comfortable, yet still has buildable coverage. This is a great everyday foundation that has great longevity. It does not break up on me, no matter how much I build up the coverage. This is a phenomenal foundation that I would probably include in every favorites post that I ever do.


Alright, so in the end, my oily skin definitely appreciated the lighter coverage foundations, and because they were lighter with a more sheer coverage, they didnt break up on my oily t-zone, or at least it wasn't visible. My next 4 foundations that I would love to try out are: Urban Decay's All Nighter Liquid Foundation (that was literally released this past week), Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Foundation, The New Makeup Forever Water Blend Foundation, and Too Faced's Born This Way Foundation.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions, or have any foundations you think I absolutely have to try!

ttyl,
Sam aka TomboyBeauty_

Comments

Popular Posts